Monday, February 6, 2012

Johnson Bros Fish Design No:7

Copyright Karen Hinde Photography

I'm not normally a fan of fish designs but this quirky Johnson Bros Fish Design caught my eye. I saw it sitting at the top of a pile of plates for $1.00 each and couldn't believe my luck when I turned it over and saw the Johnson Bros makers mark - am sure it was the only one in the pile but really should have gone through and double checked....

The Johnson Brothers Fish range included 7 different designs and was produced between 1955 - 1976 

Johnson Brothers was founded by Fedrick and Alfred Johnson in 1883, they were joined by brothers Robert in 1888 and Henry in 1893 and built an extremely  successful Earthernware company in Hanley, England. In 1968 Johnson Brothers became part of the Wedgwood Group. 
WWRD (Waterford, Wedgwood, & Royal Doulton)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...