Saturday, June 21, 2014

Sewing & Furniture Restoration


While thinking about new directions for Ten Green Balloons - especially with a new financial year looming - I've been inspired by this beautiful old photograph of my Mum and Dad which I found in Italy a couple of years ago ( how it ended up in Italy is worthy of its own post later)…

My parents were both teachers, who I think may even have met at Teachers College..
 Mum was a sewing teacher who used to make a lot of my clothes, and Dad a woodwork and technical drawing teacher who also used to renovate and build houses… 

So given this handy heritage (here comes the inspiration part) I'm going to get out the sewing machine (maybe do a refresher class) and start sewing up a storm… I'm also going to start renovating furniture and already have a few projects lined up ready to go…

will try and remember to take before and after photos


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...